 Robotics / 25229
Re: studless construction practice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2006 06:01:58 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Robert C. Peterson wrote:
To make the wheels work on the HAIL FIRE it needs some refinement and the spring
action on the destroyer droid should add some serious possibilities for robots
in the future.

A year back or so I did some messing with the hailfire wheel, trying to find
different ways of supporting it. One of the minor things I learned is that the
hailfire teeth are basically an inverted gear. If you try to drive it with small
8-tooth gears, the inverse nature will cause large amounts of binding. The
inside of the big wheel drives best with a large gear, like a 40-tooth one.
Original comments are here..
http://news.lugnet.com/build/?n=15397

Ray