 Robotics / 23029
Re: RIS 2.0 Problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 2004 19:55:47 GMT

Hello, thanks for all of the input. To answer some common suggestions: 1. No, the files were not write-protected nor read-only 2. Yes, we were able to create new files, open, edit, and save them, but they in turn would occasionally become corrupt themselves 3. To clarify the problem, the errors we were having were in conjunction with a repeat until big block, with a rotation sensor range as the condition. The error was further confusing to us because in some corrupt programs, only a single block would be un-editable, the rest being fine, while in others, the entire program would be un-editable. Being un-editable for us meant that we could go through the repeat until settings to the rot sensor range, but when we tried to change the values, we were not able to close the window by clicking Done, or hitting Enter. In the fully corrupted files, when we tried to move stacks around, we could detach them from a stack, but could not reattach them elsewhere, or even to the originating stack. 4. In regards to copying the files, or saving them under different names, we were able to do this, but it did not do anything to solve the problem. 5. Inside the repeat command, we had a motor control block, using motors A and C, driving them for .1 second. This was done for accuracy, and did not seem to be affecting the program. 6. This problem is not computer-specific, and seems to be directly (and solely) related to the use of a rot sensor range in a repeat until command to control motors. I have written other programs on my own computer for different uses (namely a robotic sailcar) which have had similar problems. Re-installing the RIS 2.0 software does nothing for the problem.

Thank you all again for the input, and any further would be appreciated. If desired, I can supply copies of the affected programs for inspection.

Andrew Meyer Assisant Coach for IDEAL Charter School “Cyberwolves” FLL Team