 Robotics / 23025
Re: RIS 2.0 Problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 00:14:24 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Andrew G. Meyer wrote:
Hello,
  I am involved with a FLL team, and we just horribly bombed at our regional
competition. Part of this failure was an interesting and mind-boggling problem
that we found. Our programs were not allowing us to edit them in any way. Is
there something that can be done to prevent this from happening? Is it hopeless?

I don't use the RIS software, but if you copied the files to a CD, then copied
them off, the "read-only" attribute may be set, which could make them
un-changable.

I tried that, and it makes them un-savable, but not un-changable. But maybe
there's another file somewhere in the RIS software directory that's read-only
that causes the problem? It would be worth checking.

ROSCO