 Robotics / 23028
Re: RIS 2.0 Problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 05:27:40 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Timothy Schroeder wrote:
   In lugnet.robotics, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
   In lugnet.robotics, Andrew G. Meyer wrote:
   Hello, I am involved with a FLL team, and we just horribly bombed at our regional competition. Part of this failure was an interesting and mind-boggling problem that we found. Our programs were not allowing us to edit them in any way. Is there something that can be done to prevent this from happening? Is it hopeless?

There is a bug that we have dealt with that sounds similar--if a time for a Big Block is set below 0.1, so that all that displays onscreen is 0.0 in a block, it sometimes causes the program to become corrupt. You then can’t edit it or do anything else with it. You have to trash that program. We have a rule in our store to never set a time below 0.1 to avoid this. You can sometimes fix it by changing the time, but once you save it, it is usually too late.

Tom Marx Bits, Bytes & Bots www.bitsbytesbots.com