 Robotics / 21625
Re: Please help (XP,RIS 2.0 problem) - some thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 02:29:48 GMT

"Bill Blackmer" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
Hello Rob,

I couple of thoughts.

I have a laptop that runs XP, 1.1 USB ports, RIS 2.0, and Robolab 2.53 and
everything works fine. I do not use Bricxcc.

I have a bigger desktop that runs XP, 2.0 USB ports, RIS 2.0 and Robolab
2.53 and everything is OK. HOWEVER I have a USB 1.1 Hub connected to one • of
my USB 2.0 that slows it down to 1.1. I have several devices that are • older
and can not run at the 2.0 speed. My RCX is connected to one of those 1.1
ports on the USB 1.1 hub. Everything is OK.

For the fun of it I connected the RCX to a 2.0 port and it did not work.
However I did not try to work out all the problems. Mainly because I do • not
want to f--K up what is working. I am a coward!

If you have something you would like to try I would be happy to do so.

Also six months I remember one of the techs saying that high speed • wireless
cards caused a problem for some USB devices. I will send out some emails
tomorrow to these techs. I am not and do not want to be tech at that • level.

SORRY my life is string theory and computing.

Let me know if I can help and I will let you know what the techs say.

Keep the faith and thanks for your help in the past.

Bill

Now there's a good thought.  Thanks Bill!  So to my next question for all
you guys.  Do any of you currently have a USB tower running on a USB 2.0
port (without a hub)?

Rob