 Robotics / 21716
Re: Please help (Follow up to my earlier post)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:31:48 GMT

  I have a Toshiba Laptop with a USB 2.0 and I bought a USB Tower at • Bricklink
because my Laptop doesn't have a serial output (I think that they do not • make
laptops with it anymore). At my first try my computer didn't lock up, but • I
couldn't use the fast firmware download and BrickCC and NQC couldn't • transmit
some programs to my RCX (It could transmit some tiny programs, but it gave • an
error when I tried to transmit the 9_rotation.nqc example program from • brickCC).
  I solved the problem going to the LEGO USB Tower at the control panel,
swithing to the Advanced Tab and setting the Read Timeout (1st Byte) to • 300
msec.
  Now, everything seems to work fine. I just would like to understand why • this
change fixes my problem?

Hope that this helps,

Ildefonso.

I'd be interested in seing if your laptop was a p series (P15, P25, etc).
There is another person on the lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab who has had the
same problems as myself.  I own a P15, and she owns a P25.  I finally
installed Windows 2000 Pro and have had no other issues.  Now everything
including the USB tower works flawlessly.

Rob