 Robotics / 21628
Re: Please help (XP,RIS 2.0 problem) - some thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:12:57 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Rob Hendrix wrote:
"Bill Blackmer" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
I do not use Bricxcc.

Horrors! :-)

2.53 and everything is OK. HOWEVER I have a USB 1.1 Hub connected to one of
my USB 2.0 that slows it down to 1.1. I have several devices that are older
and can not run at the 2.0 speed. My RCX is connected to one of those 1.1
ports on the USB 1.1 hub. Everything is OK.

For the fun of it I connected the RCX to a 2.0 port and it did not work. • <snippage>
Now there's a good thought.  Thanks Bill!  So to my next question for all
you guys.  Do any of you currently have a USB tower running on a USB 2.0
port (without a hub)?

If, as Michael Anderson from LEGO suggested in a private email, it has anything
to do with the tower not getting enough current then a powered hub might be the
solution.  If Bill's hub is powered he might try turning it into an unpowered
hub (unplugging the power supply) to see if his setup still works.

John Hansen