 Robotics / 21622
Re: Please help (XP,RIS 2.0 problem)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 01:38:44 GMT

I would open the Lego tower control panel applet and see what it has to • say
about your tower.

The what?

Also, I would try using NQC directly to see if it behaves any
differently with respect to the USB tower.

Sorry John, I never got the hang of NQC.  Maybe you could show me how to
accomplish this feat?

It sounds like a software problem
with the tower drivers, but it is hard to say for sure.

I assume its either a driver issue with the USB tower and this computer or
maybe this computer can't supply the neccesary power for the USB tower?

My XP laptop (USB 1.1)
and XP desktop (same) don't have any problems with the USB tower.
I have run Mindstorms on XP before.  Yes it does work...

Do you have
any hardware-specific software installed and running (i.e., utilities of • any
sort that come pre-installed by the manufacturer)?

What software would I be looking for?  Something that would be accessing any
ports?  I only have the built in wireless adapter going.  Maybe I'll try to
turn that off and see if there is any change.

John Hansen

Thanks John,

Rob H