 Robotics / 21576
Re: Motor Power
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:21:49 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Mike Thorn wrote:
Heavens, yes. I haven't done any heavy movement myself, but I've been awed
in particular by TJ Avery and Beat Felber:

TJ: http://texbrick.com/creations/crawler_crane/lifting/20lb_lift2.jpg Yes,
that's a twenty-pound barbell.

And then there was a 48 pound lift:
http://www.texbrick.com/creations/marine_crane/lift.html

;-)

To be more realistic, two 9V geared motors powered by 6AA batteries can provide
much mechnical power. It all depends on your gearing and set-up, but I have a
10-pound model that rolls along easily powered with two motors.

-TJ
www.texbrick.com