 Robotics / 1754
Re: IR Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 08:49:35 GMT

=>From: Paul Haas <paulh@hamjudo.com>
=>...
=>The RCX doesn't echo, the IR tower is seeing it's own signal reflected off
=>the walls.

It's either seeing its own signal, or Tx is looped back to Rx, or
something.  My generic IR adapter doesn't do that (whatever it is), so
that's why talkrcx was confused (no echo; only reply).  Further, *I*
was confused because the reply to 0x10 (ping) is 0xef, so I thought I
was seeing an inverted echo and no reply at all.  Whew.

Now that that's cleared up, it's time to figure out how to get legOS
working.  I have an H8 cross-compiler (egcs-1.1b) with c++ (!) running
on Linux, but I don't think the linker description is set up right --
the S records generated are funky.  Well, another problem for another
day.

regards,
d.