 Robotics / 1725
Re: IR Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 21:15:39 GMT

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, dave madden wrote:

Anybody else interested in using a non-Lego(r) IR adapter?  Now that I
think of it, I bet you could use the IR ports that are becoming
standard on laptops, and I think the Palm-III has one too.

They all have an extremely limited range, however. IrDA is designed to
work at distances of < 1m. You can, however, get a high-power IR booster
for the palmpilot, so as to use it as an A/V remote control.

-Ian