 Robotics / 16454
Re: Question about RIS version differences
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:58:15 GMT

"Lee Wilson" <leerwilson@btinternet.com> writes:

Since begining my research I have become immersed in
Mindstorms and yesterday purchased an RIS 1.5. I chose
this over 2.0 as I wanted a serial IR tower.  After
reading this thread over the last couple of days I was
surprised to see my RCX had 2.0 written on the side!
Software was 1.5 as far as I can tell, and the firmare is
the original (3.0.9???). Anyone got any theories as to
whats going on?

You got a new 2.0 RCX, which from a user's point of view is
the same as the 1.0 RCX found in earlier RIS 1.5 sets.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/