 Robotics / 15399
Re: Win2K and IR Tower - WinME too?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 10:53:52 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Lester Witter writes:
Because some people are seeing this and others not, the problem is might be
some sort serial port configuration issue involving handshake lines. Which
RS232 signal causes the LED to come on (if any)? What type of serial set-up
options are available for W2k? Is the serial port used by any other
program/device that may have fiddled the set-up? Go to the W2k equivalent of
the control panel and see if the COM port configuration includes handshake
lines. Put a break-out box on your serial port and monitor the lines.

My W2K setup (which does NOT cause the IR tower LED to be continuously
driven) has flow control set to none.  My PC at work is a Dell Dimension XPS
T600r.  My PC at home is a e-Machines Celeron 600.  Neither machine
continuously drives the LED under W2K.  It just occurred to me that this
*might* be a "wake on modem" problem (if there is such a thing).

John Hansen