 Robotics / 15393
Re: Win2K and IR Tower - WinME too?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 00:01:08 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Stef Mientki writes:
John Hansen wrote:
I have W2K and WinME on my PC at home.  Neither of these operating systems
drive the green LED on my IR tower continually.  At work I have W2K and
there, too, it does not continually drive the LED.

But I think you use your own serial comm driver instead of spirit.ocx?

My understanding of the IR tower issue that is being discussed here is that
simply plugging the IR tower into a serial port on a machine running W2K is
causing the LED to turn on and stay on continuously so long as the PC is
operating.  I may have misunderstood the previous messages.  Is it Spirit
that seems to be continually driving the LED when used on a PC running W2K?

John Hansen