 Robotics / 15394
RE: Win2K and IR Tower - WinME too?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 00:19:35 GMT

John Hansen wrote:

My understanding of the IR tower issue that is being discussed
here is that
simply plugging the IR tower into a serial port on a machine
running W2K is
causing the LED to turn on and stay on continuously so long as the PC is
operating.  I may have misunderstood the previous messages.  Is it Spirit
that seems to be continually driving the LED when used on a PC
running W2K?

No, just plug the IR tower into a serial port of a PC running Win2K
with nothing but the desktop showing. The green LED comes on, but
I'm not sure if the IR led is energizer or not...

Cheers, Ralph