 Robotics / 14549
Re: NQC 2.31b 1 and the RCXcc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:28:44 GMT

If sysedit does not work on Windows ME then use Notepad to edit the file
c:\autoexec.bat.
How about the "protection function" on ME?  A friend of mine tried to set
his keyboard layout in autoexec.bat, but every time he rebooted, ME put • back
the original autoexec.bat.  I believe this "feature" is meant to prevent
users to mess around with important system files; I can't help thinking • that
there's a register-key workaround, but I haven't seen a sign of it yet.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Simon

I had no problems editing autoexec.bat using notepad, saving it to C:,
rebooting and checking that the autoexec.bat file was as I had edited it.

Alan C