 Robotics / 14519
Re: NQC 2.31b 1 and the RCXcc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 18:04:30 GMT

I thought the RCXcc required spirit.ocx.  Does this mean I cannot use RCXcc
with the new firmware, or use its "new features"? What would I have to do to
make RCXcc compatible with the "new features" of the new firmware? If this
is not possible (yet), what other programs similar to RCXcc are there? I
would hesitate to switch to any, as I have been using RCXcc for 3+ years.

Alan Carmack
Pflugerville, Texas

Like Mario Ferrari said, RCXCC works fine with the new firmware and NQC 2.2
and 2.3.  You just need to make some changes to the autoexec.bat.  If you
also make changes to the registry you will get RCXCC to show all the new
commands in color and have templates for them.  I have made a text file
explaining the procedure and put it on brickshelf along with the needed
windows registry file.  If you try this let me know if you had any problems.

As far as spirit.ocx is concerned.  The new firmware is backwards compatible
with the old spirit.ocx.

Gus Jansson
Issaquah, WA