 Robotics / 14609
Re: DDK - What use are they / lower prices seen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 15:09:20 GMT

With the news of steep discounts on the Droid developer kit, I located fours
sets at a CompUSA in Austin, and bought them all at $29.99 each. Will
probably give two away as gifts and use the other two this week, which
happens to be  spring break for my boys (8 and 5). I also got a Darkside at
TRU using ninty dollars worth of TRU coupons, plus $10 cash. Wel, we hope to
have some fun this spring break even if the microscout isn't that great.
Unfortunately we do not have a scout unit.

In lugnet.robotics, Matt Silver writes:
With repect to the RCX, what use are the Droid Developer Kits (DDK) beyond
their appearing limited 7 firmware programs ?
I do think they are attractive to the younger lego maniacs - so I'm not
slamming them.

Actually I got one today for my 8 year old, at ToyRus for $40-Cdn ..., while
there is another kit with the micro scout they are asking $149 for.   Future
shop is still asking $99 for the DDK.

Matt