 Robotics / 14542
Re: NQC 2.31b 1 and the RCXcc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:48:04 GMT

I am responding to both Mario and Gus in this one post. I am trying to
update my RCXcc so it can use the newer versions of NQC and RCX2 under
Windows ME.

Mario writes

If you want to compile NQC programs for the new firmware via RcxCC you • must
inform NQC that the target is an RCX 2.0. You can do this via the
environment variable NQC_OPTIONS set to -Trcx2. Using Win95/98 you have to
add the row  "SET NQC_OPTIONS=-Trcx2" to your autoexec.bat, while using
Win2000 you manage the enviroment variables from Control Panel - System -
Advanced.

Uh, I am using Windows ME, so I went to Control Panel and then System and
then I got a window named System Properties, with the following four tabs,
none of which seem to contain what you are talking about: General, Device
Mgr, Hardware Profiles, and Performance. So at this point I am stuck.

Gus writes:
Like Mario Ferrari said, RCXCC works fine with the new firmware and NQC • 2.2
and 2.3.  You just need to make some changes to the autoexec.bat.  If you
also make changes to the registry you will get RCXCC to show all the new
commands in color and have templates for them.  I have made a text file
explaining the procedure and put it on brickshelf along with the needed
windows registry file.  If you try this let me know if you had any • problems.

Thanks for your resources. I have deleted the old version of NQC in my RCXcc
folder and then downloaded the RCXcc-NQC-22.reg into my NQC folder (where I
also have NQC 2-2-r2. Under your Step 1.2 I am supposed to alter the
autoexec.bat file. I assume you mean the autoexec.file that my system
recognizes when I boot up (sorry, I am a liberal arts major, not engineer!).
Don't really know where it is on
Windows ME (or on Windows period). And I wasn't able to decode Mario's
comments above.

I have used regedit before, so I don't anticipate problems with that part of
the workaround solution - but maybe I am overly optimistic.  :-)

Alan C
Pflugerville, Texas