 Robotics / 14199
Re: Pneumatic tubing...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 01:38:12 GMT

Ok, I am one of those people you are most likely thinking about.  I have not
found a Lego tubing that IS the same, but some stuff that works.  First grab
one of you 2" pneu. cylinders.  Go to you local Lowes or Home Depot, ect.
and go into the srceen / window department and look for 'screen tubing'.
They sell it by the foot and by the bag.  Use the cylinder to test each type
and choose the best one.  I bought 100ft. of it and it works great.  There
are no leaks in it but it is quite stiff.  You can't "pinch" the hose shut.
Oh, by the way, it is about 8 to 12 cents ($0.08) a foot and I hate lego's
tubing, you get pin holes in it and they are herd to find.

Adam
El Cheapo
"JP Brown" <envcons@ameritech.net> wrote in message
I know I've seen someone suggest a non-LEGO source for tubing compatible • with
LEGO pneumatics, but after half and hour of searching through past posts I • can't
locate it (so sorry for any repitition).  I have tried auto parts stores • (vacuum
tubing -- too thick) and RC model shops (poly tubing -- a bit stiff). • Does
anyone have a good sense of

* the exact material used for the LEGO pneumatic tubing (looks like it • might be
silicone to me, but I'm not an expert)
* dimensions for the ID, OD and wall thickness (probably metric, since • it's
LEGO).

TIA

JP