 Robotics / 14190
Re: Pneumatic tubing...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 02:00:17 GMT

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001 21:47:05 GMT, JP Brown <envcons@ameritech.net>
wrote:

I know I've seen someone suggest a non-LEGO source for tubing compatible with
LEGO pneumatics, but after half and hour of searching through past posts I can't
locate it (so sorry for any repitition).  I have tried auto parts stores (vacuum
tubing -- too thick) and RC model shops (poly tubing -- a bit stiff).  Does
anyone have a good sense of

* the exact material used for the LEGO pneumatic tubing (looks like it might be
silicone to me, but I'm not an expert)
* dimensions for the ID, OD and wall thickness (probably metric, since it's
LEGO).

TIA

JP

Has anyone tried the tubing from Pitsco/Dacta?  See:

http://www.pldstore.com/pitsco2/catalog.cfm?dest=itempg&orderid=ID1212014146001721&itemid=198&secid=4&linkon=subsection&linkid=20

     It has a 1/8" ID and a 100 foot roll is $9.00.  Is it like the
tubing in Pneumatic sets or is it a hard plastic tubing instead of
rubber?

Thomas