 Robotics / 14059
14058  |  14060
Subject:
Rotational Sensor & Gearing Down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 14:18:31 GMT

I just got my 1st rotational sensor and have a quick question for you all.

I have the following gearing on my robot.

Point A
gears
8 <--> 40
        8 <--> 40
                Point B
so this is:
(5:1) x (5:1) = (25:1)  Right?

Now if I put my rotational sensor at Point A, do I have a sensor that measures
400 clicks per rotation?  (25 X 16 = 400)

Is this the correct math process?

In my code for ever 400 clicks I'll know that I did 1 rotation right?

Thanks