 Robotics / 14066
Re: Rotational Sensor & Gearing Down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 06:08:48 GMT

Mark Haye wrote:

In my experience, rotational sensors are accurate to within +/-5%.  100% accurate sensors would
be great, but 95% accurate sensors are still very useful.  You can compensate for the inaccuracy
in various ways, e.g. in the software.  IMHO, this is no reason to be disappointed or not to use them.
YMMV (literally).

How do you compensate in software?

Dean
--