 Robotics / 14073
Re: Rotational Sensor & Gearing Down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 02:43:49 GMT

Thanks for all the inputs!  After testing out the rotational sensor with teh
25:1 gearing I have discovered that it will count 402 clicks for 1 rotation.
So the sesnor is reading only 2 extra clicks easy to fix in the software to
get my robot to turn only 1 rotation.  My next challange is the following:

Both must turn 180 degress (not a problem with rotations sensor)
Robot must move fwd until it senses it is off the black pad area (using
light sensor 1)

Robot looks for flashlight light (light sensor 2) and move fwd.

Continue until a) no flashlight or b) sensor 2 detect next black pad area

If black pad area end program if no flashlight and NOT on black pad area do
a 90 degree clockwise turn wand wait 5 sec for user's light.  If no light
then turn again 90 degrees clockwise.  Continue this behavior until user
light detected.

The problem I am bumping into is the little robot will not go straight!
I'll post pics tomorrow on my website.  I CAN NOT CHANGE THE DESIGN OF THE
ROBOT!  I can however can the environemt (add black tape, more light etc).

I was thinking of just adding a black strip from the 1st black pad to the
second and when the robot is following the flashlight it must also check to
make sure it is on the black strip.  If off the black strip then turn
right/left to get back on it as long as flashlight is on.  What does
everyone think about this?  Sort of like the scanbot in Mr. Baum's book.