 Robotics / 14064
Re: Rotational Sensor & Gearing Down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 22:32:47 GMT

"Bob Fay" <rfay@we.mediaone.net> wrote in message
news:G7MKLo.2tB@lugnet.com...

Rotation sensors will lose counts randomly in spite of the firmware.

I'll back that! It's totally hit-and-miss. I've done several tests on
different gearings (some running the thing off a micromotor...) and no
matter what, they *always* loose count. I'm really dissapointed with them,
and I've hardly used them for this exact reason. :(

    Iain