 Robotics / 12596
12595  |  12597
Subject:
Color images? (was: Re: digital camera entirely made of mindstorms?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:25:37 GMT

Ok, maybe I'm just out in left field on this one, or maybe someone will
actually be inspired to try it out... How about making a color digital camera?

Proposal: modify the existing design for the camera by adding on a colored
filter, and an extra motor. Bascially, create a wheel at the end of the lens
which had trans-red, trans-green, and trans-blue pieces. For each pixel that
the camera takes, cycle the filter for R, G, & B values. You'd have to tweak
the results a lot, but could it be done?

DaveE