 Robotics / 12608
Re: digital camera entirely made of mindstorms?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 16:54:07 GMT

I have more detailed photos of the assembly if you would like to reproduce my
results:
http://www.best.com/~amnon/Homepage/Games/LegoCam/Camera.jpg
It is essentially two turntables fastened together with angle brackets. It
uses a touch sensor to home the yaw, and a rotation sensor to control the
pitch. Focus is accomplished with a sliding axle. It uses two motors for
positioning.
-Amnon

In lugnet.robotics, Matthew Miller writes:
I was browsing Lego's official Mindstorms site, after not having looked for
a while, and came across

http://www.legomindstorms.com/halloffame/getarchiveentry.asp?id=4

Which claims to be an all-lego digital camera. I know this concept has been
mentioned on here, but I hadn't heard of anyone actually doing it. I'm
willing to believe it's possible, but I have a hard time believing that this
could generate the grey-scale image pictured. For one thing, it's very
blurry, but it's not very blocky, which is what I'd expect. And I'm not sure
that Dr. Charles Lightning's magnifying glass could provide the kind of
precise focus this seems to require.

Anyone have any more info/insight?