 Robotics / 5779
Re: digital camera entirely made of mindstorms?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 22:57:01 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Matthew Miller writes:
Robert Munafo <munafo@gcctech.com> wrote:
[...] he made the robot scan several hundred "scanlines"
with several hundred pixels per scanline. [...]

Hmmm. I guess in that case my second scepticalness is over the ability to
aim position the lens that precisely with lego gears...

The error you refer to can be eliminated by using a rotation sensor on the axle
of greatest angular velocity, and (more important) by scanning in the same
direction each time.

- Robert Munafo