 Robotics / 10670
Re: Rotation Sensors - slightly dissapointed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 06:17:09 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Iain Hendry writes:
The program ran successfully for about 20 seconds before I noticed motor 1
had shifted out of phase by 22.5 degrees - it had slipped/skipped a count.
"What!" I screamed. I regarded it simply as a fluke... but running more
tests I did discover that the sensors are horribly unpredictable and loose
about 2 counts per minute when rotating continuously... to me, this is
dreadfully unacceptable. I guess now I have to gear them down - less
accuracy if I want to keep my robots quick.

If you get legOS and the patch I recently posted you won't see this problem
unless you go over about 1000RPM.

--Ben