 Robotics / 10827
Re: Rotation Sensors - slightly dissapointed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 13:58:24 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Iain Hendry writes:
The program ran successfully for about 20 seconds before I noticed motor 1
had shifted out of phase by 22.5 degrees - it had slipped/skipped a count.

Because the LEGO Rotation sensor is a powered type, it might be slightly
sensitive to battery voltage.  I wonder if you notice the skipping is worse
with older batteries.  Also, the problem might be aggravated by long wires.
Does the skipping get worse if you deliberatly add a long connector wire to
the circuit?  The World Shop rotation sensor I ordered has a short wire while
the original one from Pitsco has a much longer wire.