 Robotics / 10828
Re: Rotation Sensors - slightly dissapointed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 14:22:24 GMT

Michael Gasperi wrote in message ...

The program ran successfully for about 20 seconds before I noticed motor 1
had shifted out of phase by 22.5 degrees - it had slipped/skipped a count.

Because the LEGO Rotation sensor is a powered type, it might be slightly
sensitive to battery voltage.  I wonder if you notice the skipping is worse
with older batteries.  Also, the problem might be aggravated by long wires.
Does the skipping get worse if you deliberatly add a long connector wire to
the circuit?  The World Shop rotation sensor I ordered has a short wire • while
the original one from Pitsco has a much longer wire.

I was using an AC adaptor and no long wire (just the small ~15cm cable
connected right to the port).

    Iain
--
tokama       http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr