 Robotics / 10669
Re: Air Manifolds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 02:10:19 GMT

  Ever think about using the hard plastic tubes which are used as decorations
on some of the more modern Technic sets?  They're just the right diameter, and
they are real lego parts.  Of course, you're probably not much of a purist, so
I'm sure that's not a big consideration.  Some of the little $5 technic sets
come with several inches of hard tubing, which is easily cut with an x-acto or
a razor blade.  I used these tubes in my soda bottle air tank.

  I think one advantage of stiff lego tubing is that it's a bit flexible and a
little bit softer than Lego bricks.  That means that when they get wiggled, as
I'm sure they will in use, they flex a bit so they should be less prone to
widening their pass-through holes like metal tubes might.
  Of course, I might just be pushing my idea in the hope that it will give me
some sort of superior feeling if you decide to use it :-P

-Phil