 Publishing / HTML / 297 (-20)
  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

Quoting Todd Lehman <todd@lugnet.com>: (...) I'd think label it "Preview" on the initial submit, then "Preview/Post" in the preview page. JS would be difficult to deal with undone changes, as well as confusing - "There was the post button there, and (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

(...) You don't even need the CRC. Do what you said on the message edit page about combining post & preview so that there is only preview, but then on the Message Preview page remove the whole lower section containing the message edit box, preview (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

(...) Sounds great in theory, and I think the CRC is a great fallback check if JS isn't available, and I like that the CRC method is forgiving of undone changes... But if there were only one button, what would you label it? "Preview or Post"? One (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

(...) why use JS? just combine the post and preview button to one, and detect on the server if the data was changed. If it was, preview, if it wasn't (matches a CRC in a hidden form element), it posts. (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?

This must be easy with JavaScript, right?-- I'd like to disable a submit button (turn it gray out and non-clickable) in an HTML form if the user changes any data in an editable text field within the form. The editable text fields are of type <INPUT (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish.html, FTX)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) Perhaps not, but the Fairplay policy has this written about fan sites and I don't see any fan using an domain name like that :) (...) Lair is actually a hole in the ground (or mountain) where dragons and trolls live (and other wild animals), (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: My site is down :-(

Moved thread to lugnet.publish.html (...) Sounds teriffic! (...) That's Internet :) I killed arnesson.nu seven months ago and asked ppl. to update their bookmarks and links but there's still more who link to arnesson.nu then to lotek.nu. Here's a (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Which HTML to use?

(...) Because that way every instance of a first-level heading that needed the desired effect would have to include the class attribute. When hand-coding, especially, it's a waste, and the coder has to remember how to achieve the effect. By (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Which HTML to use?

(...) OK I moved this part of the thread there... Why not just use <h1 class="postheaders">foo</h1> instead? I'm not a CSS expert but that's how I would have done it... --Bill. (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: New features at lego.bldesign.org

(...) huh? :) Great feature for a featurerich site! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  New features at lego.bldesign.org

With 50+ MOCs on my site, I decided it was time to add a search feature. Check it out: (URL) quality has also been improved (thanks Kyle). --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu www.bldesign.org (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: New features at Peeron.com

(...) right - but my options are: * _blank - which would pop up a new window (the 3rd window, mind you) * anything_else - which would refresh a window with that name... but is there a way to change the name of a window with JS? If so, I could rename (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Website help

(...) Yeah, I have no problem now either. Must of been a server problem. I only have the index and about page up, the rest are still in production. I think I've fixed the text overlap thing. -JHK (22 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Website help

(...) Everything worked fine for me. But the Modles and Links pages gave me 404's. And on the about page the first letter of the text on each line was overlapping the grey line going down making it hard to read. Mark P (URL) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Website help

I've started making an HTML page. But for some reason, the main page freezes whenever it's loaded. Use control-alt-delete to close it. (URL) it freeze for anybody else? If it does, why does it freeze? Help would be greatly appreciated! -JHK (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Flash questions

I've uploaded the first 6 basic pages. There's a lot still, and there might be some bugs- but please tell me if it works, how long it takes to load, and what you think about the layout. (URL) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Flash questions

(...) Yeah, I've made an effort to keep it simple: 4 buttons on the left, a title, and text and pictures organized in boxes. I think I'll use it as my main site. I've actually uploaded a test of the 4 main pages, but because ozbricks.net is down, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Flash questions

(...) Definitely. Although I'm not an <html> guru, I would have to say that using both in conjunction might be an alternative as well. (you don't want to overwhelm the audience with too many graphics, though.) (...) Yes, lack of funding. Many people (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Flash questions

(...) Well, maybe not as time efficient, but it allows you to make much more flexable websites with cool side-effects. (...) Is this really that much of a problem these days? I mean, can anybody surf the net properly and not eventually get flash? (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Flash questions

(...) AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...HAHAHHA!!! Sorry, but that seemed a real contridiction there -- I have played with Swish, Flash, and HTML in my time and I cannot see how HTML could be much easier and accomplish what it does at the same time. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.publish.html)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact