 Publishing / 3584
  Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf

(...) Dan, I think you may be overreacting a bit. Moderation is based upon two very basic guidelines. Is it "safe" for kids, and is it on topic. For Brickshelf, "on topic" is a very simple and sharp distinction. Is the content in any way related to (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickshelf stats (was: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf)

In lugnet.publish, Kevin Loch writes about the new moderation process: Kevin, It seems to me folders & files uploaded since moderation started (or thereabouts) have no "hit" statistics. Is this so? Has the hit counting been switched off? Thanks (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

  What is 'safe' (Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf)

In lugnet.publish, Kevin Loch writes: <snip> (...) Kevin, I have seen the word 'safe' be used many times, but have failed to see exactly what the official Brickshelf definition of 'safe' is. This is one of those strictly opinion-related words that (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf

(...) ok, seems to take some time... (...) I do hope that you will let people know beforehand, so they can get their pictures before they are lost. Some of my pictures are at BS only asuming that I trust(ed) that my stuff will not be deleted without (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf

(...) You should never use ANY place ( your own HD, one particular floppy, BS, some other site) as your one and only place to keep something you consider important. If it's important, keep it in multiple places. That piece of advice has nothing to (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf

(...) /agree with ++Lar. I mean, what if BrickShelf's HD were to die quite by accident? That has nothing to do with any 'malicious' intent on people's part and yet your photo's would still be gone. Then who do you blame? I have my little web site (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf

Hello! (...) That seems clear. (...) Well, that seems not to be so clear. How do you define "safe for kids"? OK, no porn. I totally agree. But where begins "porn"? In my opinion this girl licking her ice (out of ABS) does not count as porn. It may (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

  (canceled)

  Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf

Hi Kevin, "Kevin Loch" <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in news:GyrEEC.MnI@lugnet.com (...) This is simply not true. Read (URL) about my fake ad with the LEGO logo that was deleted from the server. ..oli (22 years ago, 5-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf

(...) Yes, it is true. Do you mean the ad in this folder: (URL) doesn't look deleted to me. I don't see any reason why it would be (without complaint from a trademark/copyright holder). In fact, I remember looking at those pictures closely when they (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf

"Kevin Loch" <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in news:Gyt8H8.GHr@lugnet.com... (...) [...] (...) You didn't read the thread, did you? The picture is not deleted *ANYMORE*! I had to re-upload an updated version of it! It was then a few times toggled between (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf

(...) You diddn't read what I just wrote did you? There was no "arbitrariness", it simply was not obvious at first glance that it was on-topic. *Most uploads don't have that problem* because they obviously contain LEGO. I don't think it's fair to me (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf

"Kevin Loch" <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in news:Gyu751.CpA@lugnet.com (...) Well, if there's somewhere a LEGO logo on a picture, it should be suspected, that there is something about LEGO (aka "on-topic") in this picture (even when it's hidden for the (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf

There seems to be some miscommunication here. When the image was deleted, Oliver posted asking why it was deleted. He received a response from Larry, who wrote that he did not delete it, and was not sure why it was deleted, but speculated that it (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf

(...) If it was deleted, it should not have been. I know I did not delete it. (...) Since this is obviously too complicated a process, I have removed moderator privileges from every user that had them besides me. That way there will be no confusion. (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf

(...) I diddn't delete it, Larry says he diddn't delete it. Whoever did delete it is no longer a moderator so case closed. KL (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.publish)