 Publishing / 3212
Re: Advertise on Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 07:14:26 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:Gs6GDu.4w2@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.publish, Tim Courtney writes:

Lets take this one step further guys (and gals, and minifigs for that
matter) - keep the BrickShelf ads within the community.

Define community?

The online LEGO community and sites within it.  As in, I'd rather not see ads
for sites which have nothing to do with our interest.  Like I wouldn't want to
see a Yahoo banner, or an Amazon banner, or any other such site (not that they
would advertise at BS, but it does appear to get the volume of hits to attract
bigger companies).  What I'd like to see is sites and/or companies which have a
significant interest to the community.  Big community sites, of course, but I
would even welcome Plano and eBay, because their products or services are widely
used by AFOLs.  The community takes its business to places like that.

LDraw,

I would be surprised if LDraw.org had money to buy ads elsewhere.

'We' don't.  But, I would like to put a call out for donations for LDraw ads on
BS.  Not a ton of money either - $50 would get 10,000 exposures, if 10 people
gave $5, not entirely inconceivable, it would work out fine.

(note: 'we' is in quotes, because LDraw.org isn't a formal organization with a
strucutre, its a loose group of volunteers)

-Tim