 Publishing / 2740
Re: Legal problem--Use of 2x2 brick as icon?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 04:04:40 GMT

Jamie Obrien wrote:

A quick question, but what would the difference be between a 2x2 Brick
and a 2x2 Lego Brick? Of course you could say it's a competitors
device, or are they worried by the association of the image of the
brick directly to the Lego product.

Is their a differentiationablable (dohdoh) between Lego images and
those of their competitors if their is no mention of Lego.

Jamie

Jamie makes a great point. Since we are all LEGO fans we assume the brick is a
LEGO brick, but every automatic binding brick system out there makes a 2x2
brick. Since everyone wants to be compatible with LEGO bricks, without a
close-up of the logo on the brick you cannot tell if the brick is a LEGO brick,
a MegaBlock, or a (what is the R one again?).

Chris

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001 05:16:55 GMT, Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com>