 Publishing / 2368
Re: Screen Resolution Poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 22:51:58 GMT

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:
This whole issue is one of the places that HTML has just totally failed on
in my opinion. It gives font size options to both the writer and the

Yeah, it's a mess -- the original HTML just wasn't meant to specify
presentation. CSS helps a bit.

It's also probably unwise to specify fonts by name unless you are using some
ability to fetch them as part of the page. If you do this, please try and make
sure that a variety systems will make reasonable substitutions.

Agreed. If you must specify font, make sure to also list "serif" or
"sans-serif".

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/