 Off-Topic / Fun / 5760
Re: Screen Resolution Poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 17:45:31 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Nick Crocco writes:
Hello. I was just wondering what everyone's screen resolution is. I'm re-
designing my website and it would be good to know at what size I should
optimize it for. Personaly, I use 1024 x 768  :-D

I would argue for 800x600. I use a lot of laptops and I don't want to have to
give up the whole screen (I use office toolbar and two rows of start menu
buttons along the bottom as i usually run with a lot of windows open)

Frank's point about doing things so that very high resolution viewers can take
advantage is well taken. Just don't design so that 1200x1600 is the only
usable resolution!!

++Lar