 Pirates / 3190
Re: MOC: WWII Japanese Heavy Cruiser "Takao"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 18:30:16 GMT

This is too big to even comment on effectively.  I could spend hours pouring
ove the details of the deck and the functionality of the midship
compartments alone (and probably will).  Not to mention the historical
detail...right down to the chrysanthemum.

Jaw dropping.

I loudly applaud both art and artist.

Great stuff Lindsay.

Cheers,
-Gil

In lugnet.announce.moc, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  Hi, everyone.

  Being lonely in South Africa without my LEGO has finally
  provided me the time to *finally* publish the site for my
  heavy cruiser _Takao_, which debuted at Brickfest in July
  2002.

  For those who haven't seen it before (or for those who have!)
  please do come by and have a looksee.  The URL is:

  http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~lfbraun/takao.html

  I have also *updated* the _Friedrich der Grosse_ site with
  the images of the ship's dismantling in May 2002 to make
  parts available for _Takao_.  That site is:

  http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~lfbraun/Friedrich-der-Grosse.html

  The "updated" section is clearly marked (or you can go to
  "paperweight.html" instead of the main FdG page).  There is
  also a link from the pertinent part of _Takao_'s site text.

  Feedback on both the ship and its page is greatly appreciated!
  (Especially: "Does that weird blue-purple wave background
  work?" and "who did I miss in the acknowledgements?")  :)

  all best

  LFB (use braun at history.rutgers.edu for mailing, not msu.edu)

  (XFUT -> .build.military, .boats, .pirates [by standing request];
   delete as desired)