 Pirates / 3124
Re: MOC: WWII Japanese Heavy Cruiser "Takao"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:29:28 GMT

   Mattias-

   Thanks so much for the feedback--I think selective compression
   plus the minifig scale meant that some details (for example,
   using triple TT instead of the real ship's quads) were in fact
   sacrificed.  But I'm sure it would be very possible to put
   together models on a smaller scale--I've been kicking around
   that very possibility for a while now myself, because at the
   size of Takao building a fleet just isn't possible.  ;)

Takao is one of my favourite W.W.II ships and I have built (or nearly built)
a model of her in paper ( see www.digitalnavy.com )

   Those are amazing!  I've always been stunned by the detail
   possible with card models--but I've never had the patience
   to actually *build* one.  I remember your "Fletcher" well;
   that's the one that got me first thinking about fleets of ships
   at 1/400th or 1/700th scale.

   best

   LFB