 Pirates / 3105 (-20)
  Re: Rifles!

(...) Absolutely! My grande armie is only about a third regular infantry (ie LEGO soldier torsos, shakos & muskets), which is NOT the way it should be. (...) I'd add epaulettes to that list - they're good for distinguishing units in lieu of (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Rifles!

(...) Thanks! And that's precisely it -- Ink Jet address labels trimmed and applied. Not a perfect colour match, but given my limited torso supply, a useful versatility. (...) Working on it! : ) (...) Agreed. Our custom solutions create some (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Rifles!

(...) Yeah... between the Foot Guards and the Fusillers I've sucked up all of my muskets! I thought I had more, but chances are they're in a case in a box left stored after we last moved house. (...) Hmm... we'll have to call them out sooner than (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Rifles!

In lugnet.pirates, Kenneth Tam writes: <snip> (...) Nice work! The torsos certainly look the part. I like the way they stand around looking tough, rather than lining up in neat formation. Those rifles do look a bit advanced. I wouldn't like to be in (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Rifles!

Well done. I like the custom Torsos, did you make them using Sticker Printer? I liked your pix, do you have any more? There are so many good projects that could be done if we could only get the hats and parts from Lego. Keep your sails in the wind, (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Rifles!

Well if there were any soldiers anywhere in the early 1800s who could hope to survive an encounter with Richie Dulin's Highlanders, it had to be the likes of these. Yes, the much-famed greenjackets, complete with 'high-tech' Baker rifles and faded (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Black Seas Barracuda - Hooray!

If anyone in the UK would like to swap their non-shooters for shooting ones, let me know. I have shiny new service packs of shooting cannons coming out of my ears, but I prefer the US style. Tony Priestman (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Highlanders!

(...) You are in a prime position to tell us, sir - What do they wear under those 1x2 plates? Michael Dallaston (Carrying on up the Khyber) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: Highlanders!

In lugnet.pirates, Kenneth Tam writes: <snip> (...) I've been using good quality printing plus poor quality glue, with that in mind, for the latest troops. (...) I'll give it a try. Control levers seem the most likely solution. (And a pipe band (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Highlanders!

(...) Now there's an idea.... Thanks for the suggestion... I'll report back on results. Cheers Richie (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: Highlanders!

(...) Ach! (...) Well, they're Scots in a climate much warmer than they're used to, I suppose. Need to keep cool... And nicely done! I've been wrestling with paper-add-on kilts of one sort or another for the past two months -- a brick solution never (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: Black Seas Barracuda - Hooray!

(...) Okay, admittedly not fatal injuries. Apologies if that sounded a little crass. But, I think that coccooning kids because of one unfortunate accident won't prepare them well for the rest of their life. It just screws up their values because you (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Black Seas Barracuda - Hooray!

That's a shame. Maybe toy-related injuries could teach a little bit of respect for firing mechanisms. I remember having an Action-Man field gun that had a hell of a kick to it... Jason J Railton (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Highlanders!

(...) Nice job Richie, The kilts look really nice! Tom (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: Highlanders, and the South Pacific Military Tattoo and Review

Impressive. They can make...kilts. Very nice dude. It is amazing how you can take the everyday, non-minifig accessory (tyres, 1x2 plates), and turn out grade A military. Love it. Might be hard to get them to march though, yes? I feel a South Pacific (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Highlanders!

Another thought might be to a set of control levers to make all the pipes. Joe Meno (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: Highlanders!

(...) Your figs caught my attention...really nicely done! The kilt/legs are a neat solution! As for the bagpipe, hm...(this is off the top of my head) Short lengths of flex tube for the pipes, with a grey light saber blade for the bottom tuning (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Highlanders!

Ahoy Taking a break from the Grande Armie of the South Pacific, I came up with some highlanders as guards for the Brikkish Embassy in Port Brique. (URL) kilts are a bit too short, but using 1x1 bricks (rather than 2 2x1 plates made the kilts too (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs) !

  Re: Black Seas Barracuda - Hooray!

snip (...) Ahoy matey! I at one time had purchased (very cheap) from a friend the hull and most of the other pieces to build this ship. I didn't have any of the yellow pieces though and ended up making it in red blue and black. I wasn't really very (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Black Seas Barracuda - Hooray!

Toy manufacturers in America have been very carful since the 70's when a kid fired a missile from a Battle Star Galactica toy into his brother's mouth, who unfortunately choked and died. This led to changes in other "action" toys such as the (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact