 Pirates / 3092
Re: Highlanders!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:37:22 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin writes:
Ahoy

Taking a break from the Grande Armie of the South Pacific, I came up with
some highlanders as guards for the Brikkish Embassy in Port Brique.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/PortBrique/highlanders2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/PortBrique/highlanders4.jpg

The kilts are a bit too short, but using 1x1 bricks (rather than 2 2x1
plates made the kilts too long, or the figs too tall, depending on how much
leg they showed).

The torsos are printed on a good quality printer and glued on, and impress
me for quality and speed over the hand drawn alternative, and for cost over
purchasing real guard/soldier torsos.

Hats are two-tyre busbies (what else?). If anyone has ideas about bagpipes
for minifigs, I'd be most interested.

Of course, with this new found (to me) technology, I couldn't resist adding
a few more to the Grande Armie, and running short on most soldierly supplies
now, I built up a few engineers...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/PortBrique/engineers5.jpg

Cheers

Richie