 Pirates / 3093
Re: Black Seas Barracuda - Hooray!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 15:42:43 GMT

That's a shame.  Maybe toy-related injuries could teach a little bit of
respect for firing mechanisms.  I remember having an Action-Man field gun
that had a hell of a kick to it...

Jason J Railton

In lugnet.loc.uk, Craig Stevens writes:
Toy manufacturers in America have been very carful since the 70's when a kid
fired a missile from a Battle Star Galactica toy into his brother's mouth,
who unfortunately choked and died. This led to changes in other "action"
toys such as the infamous "rocket firing" Boba Fett which ended up with a
glued in missile. Micronauts also suffered buy having all of their springs
taken out! Even to this day, the US is definitey not the place to release a
toy which fires something.

Craig Stevens.

In lugnet.loc.uk, Michael Dallaston writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Stephen Kane writes:

It's strange isn't it ... I mean when you compare the gun control laws in
Australia and in the US to have shooting cannons in Australia but not the
US. Go figure ...

I always thought it was due to Lego in America being scared of litigation if
some kid ever managed to injure themselves with those things.  But I do
appreciate the irony with the gun control.  Ah, America - land of
contradiction...

Michael Dallaston
(Guns don't kill people, shooting cannons kill people)