 Local / United Kingdom / 8855
Re: Black Seas Barracuda - Hooray!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 13:25:34 GMT

snip
Also, I noticed that the hoist with the treasure is different from the original:

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6285/6285-27.html

They have added a few plates to make it stronger or something. I've been
kinda suprised about the lack of noise here on lugnet about the re-release
of this great ship.

James

Ahoy matey!
I at one time had purchased (very cheap) from a friend the hull and most of
the other pieces to build this ship.  I didn't have any of the yellow pieces
though and ended up making it in red blue and black.  I wasn't really very
pleased with it though and took it apart to use the pieces elsewhere.  I got
to use many of the pieces but not how I thought I would.

Last summer a few friends and I went to some rummage sales.  The last place
we stopped happened to have this set in its original box.  And for only $20.
I didn't have to look through it.  I realized most of the pieces were there
with a quick glance and immediately bought it.  To my surpise it was missing
only a dozen or so black plates (of which I had plenty of due to my previous
find) and two of the yellow inverse slopes on the back.  It did also have 4
"blue coats", three cannons and a pirate CRAPP as extra pieces.  I now have
it built and I love it but am too cheap to buy another.

This is a great set and is worth getting for any pirate lover.

leaving to swab the poop deck
-Suvied