 Local / United Kingdom / 8851
Re: Black Seas Barracuda - Hooray!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 14:44:21 GMT

It's now in the process of dismantling.  I need the pieces!

Mine's currently being held by customs, so to speak, as my wife & I
negotiate a suitable display location in the living room.

(1) Among the leftover pieces were 4 black 2x2 corner bricks. I thought it
was strange to have these as leftover pieces but couldn't find where I
might have left them out. Anyone else have this happen?

I had these too, as well as a 1x8 black plate.  Though I rushed through
the instructions, so I didn't think much of it at the time.

I didn't have a 1x8 black plate but I had a 2x8 plate which can be used as
a plank (as in "walk the plank ... arrgghh!").

(2) I bought this set within the UK which has always had shooting cannons.
The picture on the box clearly shows the BSB has shooting cannons. Stands
to reason that there would be shooting cannons included with the set,
right? Wrongo! They were of the non-shooting variety. Anyone know why this
might be the case? The only thing I can think of is, since the set is only
being produced in limited quantities, perhaps they just packaged the one
set to allow for both US and UK markets.

Me too!  Australia's usually Shooting Cannon country (all the rereleased
pirate sets and service packs I've got have been shooting).  The
non-shooters were the first thing I noticed when I opened the box.

It's strange isn't it ... I mean when you compare the gun control laws in
Australia and in the US to have shooting cannons in Australia but not the
US. Go figure ...

Michael Dallaston
(who doesn't mind about the non-shooting cannons.  They do look nicer :) )

Yeah, they do look nicer plus it would be pretty awkward to pull back the
firing pins in their confined space anyway. Plus my cat's awfully grateful.
;-)

Stephen Kane