 Local / United Kingdom / 8850
Re: Black Seas Barracuda - Hooray!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 00:01:17 GMT

I got my Barracuda on Wednesday, at a Brisbane Lug meeting.  I was so
thrilled I put it together then and there.  It's beautiful... just beautiful!

It's now in the process of dismantling.  I need the pieces!

In lugnet.loc.uk, Stephen Kane writes:

Two questions about the set:

(1) Among the leftover pieces were 4 black 2x2 corner bricks. I thought it
was strange to have these as leftover pieces but couldn't find where I
might have left them out. Anyone else have this happen?

I had these too, as well as a 1x8 black plate.  Though I rushed through the
instructions, so I didn't think much of it at the time.

(2) I bought this set within the UK which has always had shooting cannons.
The picture on the box clearly shows the BSB has shooting cannons. Stands
to reason that there would be shooting cannons included with the set,
right? Wrongo! They were of the non-shooting variety. Anyone know why this
might be the case? The only thing I can think of is, since the set is only
being produced in limited quantities, perhaps they just packaged the one
set to allow for both US and UK markets.

Me too!  Australia's usually Shooting Cannon country (all the rereleased
pirate sets and service packs I've got have been shooting).  The
non-shooters were the first thing I noticed when I opened the box.

Okay that's not quite true.  The first thing I noticed were the yummy
chocolate all brown hull pieces.  Woohoo!

Michael Dallaston
(who doesn't mind about the non-shooting cannons.  They do look nicer :) )