 Local / United Kingdom / 8856
Re: 2003 Lego Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 15:32:49 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Ben Rogers writes:
After appearing online at shop.lego.com a couple of days ago, they are now
available to UK buyers. Has anyone seen the new sets in the Bluewater or Milton
Keynes Lego shops yet?

Cheers, Ben

I've just tried around Southampton.  The Entertainer and Woolies have the
same old stuff.  Gamleys have the smaller Star Wars and Orient Expedition
sets, and the larger ones are on the way.

I got all four micro-scale kits, and the Yeti and Tiger Orient sets.  They
also had the T-16 Skyhopper, Genosian Fighter, the two small Jabba's palace
door/guard sets, then the elephant cart, balloon, river boat and skeleton
Orient sets.  They didn't have Jabba's palace interior, the AT-TE or the
scorpion palace, but they're coming.

I like the content of the few Orient sets I picked up, and the Palace, but I
was surprised to see the package design is a bit plain.  Just a large patch
of plain blue on the boxes, where there could have been some fancy decoration.

The Star Wars micro-kits each come with a few spare bits that go towards
making a TIE Bomber.  I remember seeing the corner of a barrel section in
the preview picture in the Star Wars magazine that didn't fit any of the
kits.  I wondered if it was another Pod Racer kit, but I suspect it was just
part of the Bomber.  Oh well.

Jason J Railton