 Pirates / 3097
Re: Highlanders!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 22:20:29 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Kenneth Tam writes:
<snip>
That's pretty much the system I've been using during my rapid expansion of
infantry, though for flexibility's sake I've been using ink jet labels --
self adhesive and not permanent. The color match isn't quite as good, but I
can restore my chaps to their original form, or more likely, change them
into some other sort of soldiers if need be.

I've been using good quality printing plus poor quality glue, with that in
mind, for the latest troops.

Hats are two-tyre busbies (what else?). If anyone has ideas about bagpipes
for minifigs, I'd be most interested.

Hmm... one of those 1x1x1's with studs on 5 sides (I'm particularly
part-name illiterate, forgive me) with the old space control levers? Hmm...
have to work on that one...

I'll give it a try. Control levers seem the most likely solution. (And a
pipe band would make a nice change from the brass band).

Of course, with this new found (to me) technology, I couldn't resist adding
a few more to the Grande Armie, and running short on most soldierly supplies
now, I built up a few engineers...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/PortBrique/engineers5.jpg

(Further grumbling from Horse Guards)

Brilliant stuff -- again!

Thanks!

I've still got a few more of those old tyres around, but I'm running
seriously short on other headgear now (hence the sock hats of the engineers)
so the Grande Armee isn't going to get much grander to soon. I'm waiting for
the arrival of 7409 et al for top hats, and have purchased some black
sculpey for some dark side experimentation too.

Cheers

Richie