 Pirates / 3107
Re: Highlanders!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 14:43:21 GMT

I thought of Brits verses East Indians as soon as I saw the new Orient line.
I was also thinking of the 3 new sets due out later this year for Chinese
verses the Ninja.  Or possibly Chinese verses Mongol.  But unless TLC
releases these miniigs in smaller sets like the 4 - 5 figure sets of the
past, it will be hard and expensive to make such dioramas and/or battles as
in Brikwars possible.  I would love to see TLC come out with an accessory
pack that had Shakos, Black Pirate Tricornes, the Turbans, black and Gray
non-opening back-packs and brown muskets or the Western style rifles.  It
could also include scimitars and shields.  Oh well, wishful thinking.  Good
luck...

Hugh

In lugnet.pirates, Ken Bailey writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin writes:

snip

Taking a break from the Grande Armie of the South Pacific, I came up with
some highlanders as guards for the Brikkish Embassy in Port Brique.

Hi Richie,

Have you thought about using the Turbans from the Harry Potter/New Adventurer
series to creat some Indian troops, eg; Bengal Lancers ?

I know they are not regular troops but they sure would add some colour to your
army.

Ken