 Pirates / 3102
Re: Rifles!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 00:46:42 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Kenneth Tam writes:
<snip>
http://members.rogers.com/brickleyscove/Rifles.htm

Not a very distinguished lot, and the first unit of any sort to appear on
that *very* embryonic website of mine -- but a start, nonetheless. And a
good way to get rid of green torsos without having to worry about the
mismatch in greens that my printer consistently gives me. Ahh, the faded
uniforms defense...

I built enough to exhaust my supply of shakos, and nine seems an appropriate
number considering the famed (Sharpe) character of chosen men. Unfortunately
the pictures aren't clear enough to show the designed-on patches and dirt --
but trust me, they look the scruffy part!

Nice work! The torsos certainly look the part. I like the way they stand
around looking tough, rather than lining up in neat formation.

Those rifles do look a bit advanced. I wouldn't like to be in the sights of
one of them with only a musket to shoot back with...

Well, next up will be the Fusilliers of the 4th Regiment... whenever I get
time to put them in front of a camera...

I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Cheers

Richie Dulin